Saturday 5 April 2014

GILLY HICKS HAS CLOSED DOWN


So recently I found out that the infamous Gilly Hicks has closed down. Not to say it was really a shock.  What kind of shop thinks it is okay to sell plain t-shirts for £30? If you don't know Gilly Hicks is part of the Abercrombie and Fitch chain who are famous after their boss says that their clothes aren't for "fat people." Obviously I was offended at this statement. Despite me not being overweight I do not think it is okay to EVER discriminate against a person because of their weight. Gilly Hicks was always the shop I viewed with all the perfect 'tumblr' girls working there. The girl were chosen to work there based heavily upon their looks. Seeing it closed down gives me a sense of hope that people are realising that it is not okay to shop at a place which doesn't even sell clothes over a size 12 (UK size). Every time I went into Gilly Hicks I started to feel suddenly insecure as I knew I could never be good enough to work there. Now that is it gone I can walk around the shopping centre without worrying what I look like and that makes me happy.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment