Sunday 6 April 2014

The Obsession with Thigh Gaps

So this is sort of a follow on from my last posts. Recently I was scrolling down my tumblr feed and noticed a lot of pictures similar to this:




If you are not a teenage girl or you are not tumblr than you may not know what a thigh gap is. A thigh gap is a space between the inner thighs when standing upright with both knees touching. It is the newest weight obsession. I know, as a teenage girl myself, I want a thigh gap and I aspire to have one in the near future. Everyone seems to find it attractive. I constantly look at other peoples weight and compare myself to them, its sad, I know, but I can't stop myself. I suppose this is what our generation has come to. I think its sad but its something we just can't seem to fix.

I've got to say though, I am obsessed with Tumblr. When I searched 'thigh gaps' this came up:



Its nice to see people taking a stand, especially online where most of it seems to happen. 

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment